Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Michaela's Christ-Centered Testimony

Nov. 17, 2014

As a missionary I get the opportunity to be in places that most people wouldn't ever dream to be in. One Sunday afternoon I was walking through the village and came to our investigators house where we found our two investigators practically passed out on the floor suffering from Malaria. After getting permission, we helped them to get to the hospital and got the branch involved with helping them in their sick and helpless state. It was such a parable of Christ. Christ comes and finds us in our fallen, helpless state and he lifts us. He gets us the help we need. He pays the debts we cannot pay. He heals us. He brings us safely home. As I have been on a mission I have seen the affects of the Atonement not only in the people we teach but in myself. The Atonement reaches down to the depths of despair and lifts you up. And truly we are His hands. I know that every time we repent and are forgiven for our sins it is a miracle. Every time we see a weakness become a little stronger it is a miracle. Christ is not only in the big picture but He is in the small details. I know that He lives and that He is ready and willing to lift us higher if we desire and come to Him. He is my best friend, exemplar, and Savior and no matter what I will put my all on the altar for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment